Connected Competence now recognises CompEx (Modules 1-4) within it’s Trade Award accreditation.
This means that where there is a CompEx equivalent electrical test (shown below), the worker can still apply for a Trade Award Badge and be exempt from completing the Connected Competence Test / Assessment, but only if the worker has a valid CompEx certification. A Trade Award Badge is an easily recognised method of proving full technical competence across your trade discipline.
- TIE04 Install Electrical Distribution Final Systems
- TIE08 Installing AC Electrical Motors
- TIE15 Installing Support Systems
- TIE16 Installing cables in an Intrinsically Safe system (or CompEx Equivalent)
- TIE17(Ex) Install, Gland and Terminate Power Cables (or CompEx Equivalent)
- TEM03 Testing Portable Equipment
- TEM05 Battery and UPS Systems
- TEM06 Inspect, Test & Maintain Industrial switchgear equipment
- TEM10 Hazardous area inspection of electrical equipment (or CompEx Equivalent)
- TEM14 Periodic Inspection of a 3-phase system
To request your Trade Award Digital Badge using your CompEx certificate please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your valid CompEx certificate or speak with your Connected Competence employer.